Portable and wireless speakers are a must have now, when everything is wireless, portable and user-friendly. From our phones to cars and what not, what we need is a good set of wireless speakers. With the new wireless and portable speakers, you don’t have to untangle the long wire every single time and then connect your phone to the big speakers; which also takes two people to move aside.
With the wireless and compact speakers, which are now available from many brands everywhere, you just have to pair your phone with the speakers via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, and you are ready to go. Also, you can keep those speakers in your hand carry and move it around for your daily music dose.
Logitech is one of the successful electronic brands that we all are aware of. You will find a Logitech piece at every household; either it is a mouse, keyboard or speakers. Logitech always launches electronic things that are made with full attention, intelligence, and style.
Just like all other amazing and classical Logitech products, here we are doing a UE MegaBoom review; which is one of the best launches of Logitech electronics. Logitech UE MegaBoom is a wireless portable speaker that also offers so many amazing features and specifications.
Logitech MegaBoom speaker offers many amazing features that you will get to know in this UE MegaBoom review. Also, after reading this review of MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker, you will be certain if this speaker is all you want.
UE MegaBoom review:
UE MegaBoom Speaker- Sound Quality:
Logitech never compromises on the sound quality of its speakers; each Logitech speaker offered best sound quality. And now, this MegaBoom speaker has the loudest, clearest and the warmest sound to fill up an entire room. Also, the Logitech UE MegaBoom speakers have a 360-degree audio effect, which makes the sound to come out even louder and better. The mids, highs and the lows are all balanced so that you can listen to any songs on your UE MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker.
The UE MegaBoom speakers have a pair of two 2.0 inch full range drivers. Also, it has dual 2.0 x 4.0-inch passive radiators which result in a loud and clear sound. The Bluetooth speaker UE has a cylindrical 360 degrees sound, and it comes with a lightweight UE MegaBoom case; which you can easily carry around anywhere.
Logitech UE MegaBoom- Design:
As for the design, you will find the UE MegaBoom Wireless Bluetooth Speaker the best. It has a cylindrical design, with sleek and fabulous looks. You can carry your MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker anywhere with you. You can keep it by your bedside, your office, your car or your living area and the UE MegaBoom wireless Bluetooth speaker will blend in the area; and fill the space with the best clear sound.
The UE MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker is cylindrical with a plasma coated finish; which makes these Bluetooth speakers UE waterproof too. The two ends of the UE speaker Bluetooth (top and bottom) are covered with rubber to provide the speaker set with extra grip. Also, UE MegaBoom speaker has a matt material finish that runs down to where the buttons are.
On the top of the UE MegaBoom, Bluetooth speakers are a power button and a pairing button. And on the bottom of the MegaBoom speaker, you will find an AUX port and a micro USB port for charging.
On the side of the UE speaker MegaBoom, you will find the volume + and – buttons.
This Logitech UE MegaBoom is designed to stand up. And to control and adjust the amount of the MegaBoom speaker, you have to grab the speaker tightly. Also, it will show you the battery left.
You can also control the volume directly from your smartphone.
UE MegaBoom Speaker- Connectivity:
Pairing your UE MegaBoom wireless Bluetooth speaker is a breeze. You can listen to your favorite songs by connecting your smartphone to your UE MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker via Bluetooth or Auxiliary input.
To turn on the Bluetooth of the UE Boom Mega, after turning your phone’s Bluetooth on, you have to press and hold the Bluetooth button of the UE Boom MegaBoom; (which is right above the power button on the top). And your device is paired with the UE MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker. If you want the wired connection, you can connect your smartphone from the AUX cable; (the port is at the bottom of the UE MegaBoom).
The MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker also has double up feature. A double up feature means that you can pair two UE MegaBoom speakers together to play the same song together.
You can also connect your Logitech MegaBoom to EchoDot (2nd generation). You can ask Alexa to play your music wirelessly and directly from Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora or iHeart on your UE speaker Bluetooth.
UE MegaBoom Speaker- Features:
- The MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker has a built-in mic; so you can attend calls with your wireless speaker too.
- The Logitech MegaBoom offers 15 hours play time after being fully charged.
- You can also adjust the volume; change the soundtrack by using the MegaBoom app.
- The UE MegaBoom speaker has a fun and stylish design.
- The UE MegaBoom case is available in four attractive colors: Charcoal, Lava Red, Electric Blue, and Plum.
- The speaker also has a UE MegaBoom waterproof technology; it is rated as IPX7; so you can dip it in up to 3 feet of water, and it will come out just the way it was.
- The UE Boom MegaBoom can also be used as an alarm clock.
- It has EQ Customization.
- This Logitech wireless speaker model has a UE MegaBoom double up.
- These speakers are ultimate ears UE MegaBoom; you can listen to heart pounding and clear sound where ever you go.
UE MegaBoom Specs:
Product Dimensions: 3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches
Weight: 1.9 pounds
MegaBoom UE amplification: active
Logitech UE MegaBoom speaker frequency: 65-20000 Hz
Audio Amplifier: integrated
Connectivity of UE BoomMega: Bluetooth, NFC (Near Field Communication)
UE MegaBoom battery life: Can play non-stop music for up to 15 hours.
The UE MegaBoom colors availability: Charcoal, Lava red, Electric blue, Plum.
UE MegaBoom Speaker- In the Box:
- UE MegaBoom wireless Bluetooth speaker
- Power adapter
- Micro USB cable
- 5MM Aux input
- User guide
- Warranty Card
UE MegaBoom Speaker- Comparisons:
UE Boom 2 VS UE Boom:
- The UE BOOM delivers 88 decibels of sound, whereas the UE MegaBoom 2 delivers 90.
- UE MegaBoom 2 drivers are an inch bigger than the UE MegaBoom 1.
- The UE MegaBoom 1 was IPX4 waterproof, but the ue megaboom wireless Bluetooth speaker is rated as IPX7 waterproof and shock resistant speaker.
- The UE MegaBoom 1 takes 3.5 hours to charge and offers a playback of 15+ hours; while the MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker 2 takes 2.5 hours to charge fully and gives a playback of 15+ hours.
UE MegaBoom vs. Bose SoundLink 3:
The height of the Bose SoundLink 3 is 131.5mm; whereas the UE MegaBoom speaker is 226mm.
- The Bose SoundLink 3 has no stereo speakers. The UE MegaBoom speakers have stereo speakers on the left and right side for louder, clearer sound.
- The weight of the Bose SoundLink 3 is 1.37 kg. And the weight of the UE MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker is 887g
How to reset UE MegaBoom:
If you want to reset your UE MegaBoom speaker, it is quite simple and you just have to follow some simple instructions. Here is what you need to do:
- Turn your UE Boom Mega.
- Hold the volume down button and power button at the same time, until there is a small beeping sound.
- Your MegaBoom speaker will turn off.
- After it is off, turn your MegaBoom speaker on again.
- Pair it with your phone and listen to music!
UE MegaBoom Speaker- Accessories:
With the UE MegaBoom speaker, you will get:
- A protector case
- Also, a tangle-free and flat micro USB charger.
UE MegaBoom Speaker- Pros:
- Room-filling, loud sound
- Crystal clear voice delivery with balanced tone
- Good battery life
- Fantastic cylindrical design
- IPX7 waterproof
UE MegaBoom Speaker- Cons:
- The voice does not come out clear when on charge.
- The sound drops a little on heavy bass tracks.
- It is heavy to carry; you can grab the UE MegaBoom in your hand and walk around.